- New York Times Briefings and Weekly Edition
- The Daily Skimm
- Nature Briefing
- STAT Health: Morning Rounds
- JHU Global Health Now
- BBC World Service: The Inquiry – Through a series of interviews and perspectives, “The Inquiry gets beyond the headlines to explore the trends, forces and ideas shaping the world”
- MPR News with Kerri Miller – “Conversations on news and culture in Minnesota and around the world”
- Today Explained – “Today, Explained is Vox’s daily explainer podcast — bringing you the biggest news every day with guests, context, radio drama, and more.”
- Science or healthcare-leaning:
- Nature – The latest science and research
- Everyday Ethics – “Unpacking today’s moral quandaries so you don’t have to™”
- Nevertheless – “Celebrating the women transforming teaching and learning through technology.”
- Second Opinion – “promotes good health, improves doctor/patient communication and empowers viewers to take charge of their own healthcare”
- Poetry off the Shelf – “explores the diverse world of contemporary American poetry with readings by poets, interviews with critics, and short poetry documentaries. Nothing is off limits, and nobody is taken too seriously.”
- The Partially Examined Life – “Philosophy, philosophers and philosophical texts. The format is an informal roundtable discussion, with each episode loosely focused on a short reading that introduces at least one “big” philosophical question, concern, or idea.”
- The Slowdown – “U.S. Poet Laureate Tracy K. Smith delivers a different way to see the world – through poetry.”
- Modern Love – “features the popular New York Times column, with readings by notable personalities and updates from the essayists themselves.”
Other notable reads: Articles worth checking out.
- Young, I. M. (2006). Responsibility and global justice: A social connection model. Social philosophy and policy, 23(1), 102-130.
- Tatum, B. D. (2000). The complexity of identity: Who am I. Readings for diversity and social justice, 2, 5-8.
- Lugones, M. (1987). Playfulness,“world”‐travelling, and loving perception. Hypatia, 2(2), 3-19.